Pinterest ads: why you need them
Pinterest has over 250 million monthly active users. If you’re in the fashion and beauty business and your target consumer is a well-educated woman who is interested in everything style you cannot afford to miss the Pinterest opportunity in 2020.
The Pinterest graph
Pinterest Taste Graph on the world’s largest collection of human-curated links —over 100 billion Pins—and the trillions of interactions people have with them every week. Whenever someone searches or saves a Pin, Pinterest refines their understanding of what they’re into. By tracking and understanding Pinners’ evolving interests, tastes, and preferences, the Pinterest Taste Graph offers an expansive collection of 5,000 interests and categories in the Pinterest Ads Manager. This allows advertisers to reach more specific, niche, obscure audiences. The more Pinners search, save, and click, the more refined the targeting (because Pinterest can more easily suggest new categories and interests), and the more accurate the data.Why advertise on Pinterest?Pinterest works differently than other social media platforms in the sense that people don’t use Pinterest for broadcasting content to their followers They use it to save valuable ideas, products, and content for a later time. Since many consumers save products to go back and purchase them later, Pinterest is the perfect tool for businesses selling products or content. In fact, 93% of users plan purchases with Pinterest, and 87% actually make a purchase because of something they saw on the platform.
Pinterest Statistics 2018
Pinterest has over 250 million monthly active users.
1 out of 2 U.S. millennials uses Pinterest every month, more than any other age group. The next biggest age group is 30 to 49-year-olds.
Women are the biggest audience on Pinterest. Nearly half (45%) of all women online are Pinterest users—compared to only 17% of online men.
But, men are joining the network, in fact, 1 in 4 American men uses Pinterest and 40% of new signups are men.
The Pinterest community is global and multi-cultural with more than 50% of all Pinterest users, and 75% of new signups, come from outside the U.S.
34% of Pinterest users have at least some college education, while another 34% have more than a college education.
Pinterest users have money to spend. 35% have an income of over $75,000 and 50% of Millenials.
There is no surprise that the average order value from Pinterest referral traffic is $58.95, compared to $55 for Facebook. The top shopping categories that lead to purchases are fashion, home décor, and beauty.
People use Pinterest to shop
- It’s the number one shopping platform among millennials.
- 47% of millennials on Pinterest have purchased something they’ve pinned (9 percent more than millennials on Facebook and 14 percent more than millennials on Twitter).
- 67% of Pinners report using Pinterest while shopping in brick-and-mortar stores, most frequently at mass merchandisers.
- 55% of Pinterest users shop on the site, more than 4 times the rate of other digital platforms.
- 55% of U.S. online shoppers pick it as their favourite online platform
- 18.5% of Active Pinners make a Pinterest-inspired purchase at least once a month.
- 73% of Active Pinners have bought something because they saw it on Pinterest.
- 61% of Pinners have made a purchase after seeing branded content on Pinterest.